- Entries for the National Finals must have qualified at either a NYCDA Regionals Competition or the Preliminary Qualifying Competition.
- Overall number of entries will be limited to the time available. Entries will accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- A deduction of 10 points will be made for entries that do not comply with set time limitations.
- All fees are due with entry forms - received by May 10, 2013. Entry fees are non-refundable. Make all checks payable to: NYC Dance Alliance.
- No Canadian checks will be accepted - US bank money orders only.
*NYCDA Regional Critics' Choice Award winners receive FREE Competition entry fees for that entry at the 2013 National Season Finale!
Preliminary Qualifying Competition
- Studios should keep June 30- July 1, 2013 open for possible Preliminary Competition.
- Schools will have the opportunity to qualify 15 numbers for the NYCDA National Competition Finals. Preliminary entries may include 4 solos and 3 duo/trios.
- All Preliminary soloists MUST also be entered in at least one Preliminary Group, Line, or Production number. No individual dancer may compete more than 2 solos in the Preliminary Competition.
- All Platinum, High Gold, Gold, High Silver, and Silver winners in the Preliminary Competition qualify to compete in the NYCDA National Finals Competition.
- All Preliminary entries must submit double entry fees - Preliminary fees AND National Finals Fees. Preliminary entries that do not qualify for National Finals will receive fee reimbursements. All fee must be received by May 10, 2013.
- The overall number of entries for the Preliminary Qualfying Comeptition will be limited to the time available. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- All entry fees and guidelines for the National Competition Finals also apply to the Preliminary Qualifying Competition.
- Entry forms must be clearly marked "Preliminary Competition".
- Entry fees for the Preliminary Qualifying Comeptition must be submitted on a separate check from the National Finals fees.
- NEW! Competition Music can be uploaded prior to Nationals! Additional Information will be sent in confirmation packets.
- Alternatively, you may chose to provide 1 professional quality CD recording for each number entered. A back-up CD must also be available for each entry. Cassettes will not be accepted.
- Each CD must contain only one entry and must be labeled with the following information:
-Title of number
-Studio Name (Code Letter)
- It is recommended that all CDs be recorded in a non-dolby format with audio recorded on both left and right channels.
NYCDA prides itself in maintaining a professional, classy, and family environment. Our 'age appropriate' criteria will continue to appear on every score sheet - under Costuming, Music Choice, and Choreography. Necessary deductions will be taken. Disqualification may result, at the discretion of the judges.
Video and Photography
- Video taping and flash photography are strictly prohibited during the entire event. (Disqualification may result.)
- Registered Teachers with Video passes will be permitted to tape Workshop Classes only.
- All dancers authorize the use of their image in photos and videos for NYCDA publicity and advertisement purposes.
- Admission to all regular competitions is free. Tickets must be purchased for the Junior Gala and for the Closing Night Gala.
- Audience will be allowed to enter and exit between numbers only. Doors will be closed during performances.
- Teachers of competition dancers will be given reserved seating. However, absolutely no visual coaching is allowed.