- Entries for the National Finals must have qualified at either a NYCDA Regionals Competition or the Preliminary Qualifying Competition.
- Overall number of entries will be limited to the time available. Entries will accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- A deduction of 10 points will be made for entries that do not comply with set time limitations.
- All fees are due with entry forms - received by May 9, 2014. Entry fees are non-refundable. Make all checks payable to: NYC Dance Alliance.
- No Canadian checks will be accepted - US bank money orders only.
*NYCDA Regional Critics' Choice Award & Studio Stand Out Award Winners winners receive FREE Competition entry fees for that entry at the 2014 National Season Finale!
Preliminary Qualifying Competition
- Studios should keep July 1-2, 2013 open for possible Preliminary Competition.
- Schools will have the opportunity to qualify 15 numbers for the NYCDA National Competition Finals. Preliminary entries may include 6 solos and 6 duo/trios. All Regional Competition Guidelines apply.
- NEW! Soloists do not need to be entered in a Preliminary Group, Line, or Production number. Soloists must have a registered teacher for the workshop. No individual dancer may compete more than 2 solos in the Preliminary Competition.
- All Platinum, High Gold, Gold, High Silver, and Silver winners in the Preliminary Competition qualify to compete in the NYCDA National Finals Competition.
- All Regional Competition Guidelines and Regional Competition Entry fees apply to Preliminary Entries. All Preliminary entries must submit Preliminary fees AND National Finals Fees. Preliminary entries that do not qualify for National Finals will receive fee reimbursements. All fee must be received by May 9, 2014.
- The overall number of entries for the Preliminary Qualifying Competition will be limited to the time available. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Entry forms must be clearly marked "Preliminary Competition".
- Entry fees for the Preliminary Qualifying Comeptition must be submitted on a separate check from the National Finals fees.
- Competition Music can be uploaded prior to Nationals! Additional Information will be sent in confirmation packets.
- Additionally, you may provide your competition music on USB at Registration. Please have a backup available for each entry.
- Each Audio Track must be labeled in the following format: 3 Digit Entry # - Title of Entry - Studio Code Letter.
- Music Files should be in a Mac compatible format such as .mp3, .wav, etc.
- It is recommended that all music be recorded in a non-dolby format with audio recorded on both left and right channels.
NYCDA prides itself in maintaining a professional, classy, and family environment. Our 'age appropriate' criteria will continue to appear on every score sheet - under Costuming, Music Choice, and Choreography. Necessary deductions will be taken. Disqualification may result, at the discretion of the judges.
Video and Photography
- Video taping and flash photography are strictly prohibited during the entire event. (Disqualification may result.)
- Registered Teachers with Video passes will be permitted to tape Workshop Classes only.
- All dancers authorize the use of their image in photos and videos for NYCDA publicity and advertisement purposes.
- Admission to all regular competitions is free. Tickets must be purchased for the Junior Gala and for the Closing Night Gala.
- Audience will be allowed to enter and exit between numbers only. Doors will be closed during performances.
- Teachers of competition dancers will be given reserved seating. However, absolutely no visual coaching is allowed.