- Entries for the National Finals must have qualified at either a NYCDA Regional Competition or the Preliminary Qualifying Competition.
- Overall number of entries will be limited to the time available. Entries will accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- A deduction of 10 points will be made for entries that do not comply with set time limitations.
- All fees are due with entry forms - received by May 5, 2017. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- If paying by check, make all checks payable to: NYC DANCE ALLIANCE. No Canadian or International checks will be accepted - US bank money orders only.
*NYCDA Regional Critics' Choice Award & Studio Stand Out Award Winners winners receive FREE Competition entry fees for that entry at the 2017 National Season Finale! Studio must note / request free entry fees when registering.
Preliminary Qualifying Competition
- Studios should keep June 29 -June 30, 2017 open for possible Preliminary Competition.
- Schools will have the opportunity to qualify 15 numbers for the NYCDA National Competition Finals. Preliminary entries may include 6 solos and 6 duo/trios. All Regional Competition Guidelines apply.
- Soloists do not need to be entered in a Preliminary Group, Line, or Production number. Soloists must have a registered teacher for the workshop. No individual dancer may compete more than 2 solos in the Preliminary Competition.
- All Platinum, High Gold, Gold, High Silver, and Silver winners in the Preliminary Competition qualify to compete in the NYCDA National Finals Competition.
- All Preliminary entries must submit double entry fees: Preliminary fees AND National Finals Fees. Preliminary entries that do not qualify for National Finals will receive fee reimbursements. All fee must be received by May 5, 2017.
- The overall number of entries for the Preliminary Qualifying Competition will be limited to the time available. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Entry forms must be clearly marked "Preliminary Competition".
- Entry fees for the Preliminary Qualifying Competition must be submitted on a separate check from the National Finals fees.
- All Regional Competition Guidelines and Regional Competition Entry fees apply to Preliminary Entries.
- Competition Music can be uploaded PRIOR to Nationals! Additional Information will be sent in confirmation packets.
- Additionally, you may provide your competition music on USB at Registration. Please have a backup available for each entry.
- Each Audio Track must be labeled in the following format: 3 Digit Entry # - Title of Entry - Studio Code Letter.
- Music Files should be in a Mac compatible format such as .mp3, .wav, etc.
- It is recommended that all music be recorded in a non-dolby format with audio recorded on both left and right channels.
- Studios shall be responsible for maintaining proper licenses for any and all music used in any performance by participants of the Studio.
- Any financial penalties related to the violation of any copyright laws will be passed on to the studio.
NYCDA prides itself in maintaining a professional, classy, and family environment. Our 'age appropriate' criteria will continue to appear on every score sheet - under Costuming, Music Choice, and Choreography. Necessary deductions will be taken. Disqualification may result, at the discretion of the judges.
Video and Photography
- Video taping and flash photography are STRICTLY PROHIBITED during the entire event. (Disqualification may result.)
- Professional quality photos and videos of the
competition will be available for purchase on-site.
- Registered Teachers with ID Lanyards will be permitted to tape the last 15 minutes of Workshop Classes only.
- All dancers authorize the use of their image in photos and videos for NYCDA publicity and advertisement purposes.
- Admission to all regular competitions is free. Tickets must be purchased for the Junior Gala and for the Closing Night Gala.
- Audience will be allowed to enter and exit between numbers only. Doors will be closed during performances.
- Teachers of competition dancers will be given reserved seating. However, absolutely no visual coaching is allowed.