Here's what to expect if you plan to attend our National Finale! this year.
- Welcome to NYC! Our courteous and professional staff is happy to assist with every moment of your Nationals experience. You’ll quickly understand why NYC in July has become a dance tradition for so many!
- Our 4 Day Summer Workshop is action packed with 4 full day classes from our distinguished faculty, special classes, Broadway Auditions, seminars, vocal classes, Ailey Workshop, Partnering & More!
- Dancers compete in a professional performance environment and are critiqued by NYC industry professionals and faculty.
- Every year our dancers are seen by talent agencies, casting directors from Broadway Shows, dance companies, other NYC industry professionals and even prestigious college programs. The long list includes “The Radio City Christmas Spectacular”, “Billy Elliot”, “Come Fly Away”, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet and more. These opportunities are exclusive to NYCDA Summer Workshop attendees.
- Each year, the NYCDA Foundation and its college partners award millions in College Scholarships during our National Season Finale! Our dancers are also awarded scholarships to professional dance studios in NYC. including Steps, Broadway Dance Center, and Peridance. Other exciting scholarships have included the Professional Semester at BDC, and Summer Intensives with Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Perry-Mansfield, and Alonzo King LINES.
- The overall list of total prizes, awards, scholarships and special recognitions grows each year. It is still just a small part of this unique summer experience. The absolute depth of the NYCDA National Season Finale! is life-changing and priceless. Ultimately, everybody wins!