NYCDA leads the industry in offering professional weekend conventions – exciting workshop classes from our distinguished faculty, thrilling competition and a professional audition experience – all in a supportive, positive, and fun environment! Expect to be INSPIRED!
NYCDA is able to create experiences and opportunities that no other dance convention can offer. We are proud of our exclusive and continued support from the professional dance community which assists us to help dancers to take the next step into the ‘real world.’
- Check In for the event is quick and easy! Registration packets are available both Friday evening and Saturday morning – complete with wristbands, class schedules, audition numbers, observer tee’s, etc. Your dancers will be ready for the Saturday Morning Welcome Rally!
- NYCDA truly is a BIG family! Whether you are new to NYCDA or come every year, expect to make great friends and reconnect with old friends. We love the connections dancers, teachers, AND parents have made throughout the years!!!
- Expect classes that keep you inspired ALL year long! Our expert faculty deliver challenging, exhilarating classes that will empower you to push beyond your own limits.
- We are committed to taking dancers to the next level! Each weekend we conduct a professional audition experience – recognizing both talent AND potential. Besides our prestigious Outstanding Dancer Program – we recognize ‘future stars,’ ‘triple threats’ and more....with scholarships to ‘real world’ dance opportunities and programs.
- Professional, exciting, family friendly and age appropriate – always! It’s time to take the stage, applaud each other’s talents….and benefit from the valuable critiques offered by our great faculty!
- Each competition we reward tons of talent! Besides the adjudication of each entry, we award all high scores and lots of special recognitions! It culminates in our prestigious Critics’ Choice Awards – granting FREE entry fees to our National Season Finale! Plus – our Distinguished Achievement Awards include our personal faves – “Good Sportsmanship” and “Class Act!”