Here's what to expect if you come to our amazing Summer Intensive.
- Experience it ALL: jazz, ballet, tap, contemporary, modern, hip hop, voice, stretching techniques, auditioning, ballroom, theatre arts, choreography, improv, yoga, musical theater, partnering and more!
- Attend Special Industry Seminars unique to NYCDA. Meet a variety of industry professionals including Broadway choreographers, casting directors, dance company members, nutritionists, physical therapists and more. Topics range from ‘writing a resume’ to ‘getting the job.’ Be informed!
- Our goal is to prepare dancers for the ‘real world’ as they begin to start their professional careers. Audition Workshops have included “Come Fly Away,” “In The Heights,” “Legally Blonde,” “42nd Street” as well as “The Radio City Christmas Spectacular.” Special workshops have also included such notable companies as Hubbard Street, Twyla Tharp and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- We’re in NYC – let’s go see a Broadway show! Plus – dancers will have a private Question & Answer session with the CAST after the show! Get all your questions answered from the professionals who’ve made it to Broadway! They were once teenagers with big dreams too!
- Don’t forget about the city! Come have a blast sight-seeing, shopping, dining and more....in the city that has it all!
- Impress your family and friends with your amazing accomplishments in just two weeks! Everyone is welcome to this free Sunday afternoon performance.