A 25 City = 25 Guaranteed Experiences Plan for the 2020-21 Season! CLICK HERE →
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL for 2020-2021 Season
Together we can help slow the spread of COVID-19 by practicing our four Commitments of Containment, as we gather together at our events.
- I will maintain 6 feet of physical distance
- I will wash my hands often
- I will cover my face in public spaces
- I will stay home when I am sick
Following CDC guidelines, this COVID-19 protocol will be in place for all events, to insure everyone’s health and safety.
- New! NYCDA is proud to announce a new partnership with Capstone Healthcare and the Lab Alliance, implementing an ongoing COVID-testing protocol for all NYCDA traveling team members. Optional testing may be made available to NYCDA attendees during weekend events. Click HERE for more information.
- All NYCDA faculty and staff will be temperature tested each morning.
- All NYCDA faculty and staff will be required to wear masks at all times.
- New! All NYCDA attendees will receive a temperature check before entering each dance room.
- New! All NYCDA attendees (and parents/guardians) will be required to wear masks at all times, including during workshop classes.
- 6 foot spacing will apply in all ballrooms , and will be marked accordingly.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all doors.
- All doors will remain open to reduce touch points, and one-way entrance/exits will be marked.
- NYCDA will maintain a maximum capacity of 50% at all venues.
- Observers passes, (when available), will be limited to 1 representative per studio per 10 dancers, in addition to paid Registered Teachers.
- NYCDA will partner with all host venues to meet local safety regulations and will review each venue’s additional cleanliness and safety policies.
- All merchandise and registration transactions will be cashless. · There will be a no try-on policy for all merchandise.
Competition Specific Policies
- NO Deductions for safety modified costumes, including masks, gloves, etc.
- NO Deductions for no costuming
- NO Deductions for wearing a face mask while performing.
- Props that cannot be solely managed by the dancer may not be used. Props may not be stored backstage prior to or after their specific entry.
- One studio representative per entry will be allowed backstage.
- All studio representatives backstage will be required to wear a mask.
- No parents or additional spectators will be allowed backstage.
- One audience member per registered dancer may watch competition live at the venue. All registered teachers welcome. All competition and awards will be live-streamed.
- Audience at competitions may be standing room only.
- All audience members will be required to wear a mask.
- Studio entries will be scheduled to compete in blocks, based upon capacity of the venue.
- The stage and dressing rooms space will be cleaned between each block.
- Dancers are encouraged to come dressed to compete, to minimize use of the dressing room.
- There will be no virtual competition option during a 'live' workshop weekend.
- Virtual competition will only be available during entirely virtual events.
Awards Ceremony Specific Policies
- Dancers will not gather onstage for awards. All Awards will be live streamed.
- New! Adjudicated Awards will be announced at the end of each competition "block". High Score Awards will be announced at the end of competition.
- New! Awards will be available for pickup by studio representative backstage at the conclusion of your studio block, or at the Registration Desk on Sunday.
- We encourage our “award donation” option that is already in place and all award donations may be made to a COVID-19 relief organization.
All protocols are subject to change based on municipality or government mandates.
Updated as of October 20, 2020. Please check back regularly for updates.
The NYCDA team is working remotely for the foreseeable future. The best way to contact us is via email.