A 25 City = 25 Guaranteed Experiences Plan for the 2020-21 Season! CLICK HERE →
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL for 2020-2021 Season
July 28, 2020
NYCDA is committed to your safety and slowing the spread of coronavirus!
Together we can help slow the spread of COVID-19 by practicing our four Commitments of Containment, as we gather together at our events.
- I will maintain 6 feet of physical distance
- I will wash my hands often
- I will cover my face in public spaces
- I will stay home when I am sick
Following CDC guidelines, this COVID-19 protocol will be in place for all events, to insure everyone’s health and safety.
- All NYCDA faculty and staff will be temperature tested each morning.
- All NYCDA faculty and staff will be required to wear masks at all times except when teaching.
- All NYCDA attendees are encouraged to be temperature tested in their rooms or at home before arriving in the convention area.
- All NYCDA attendees will be required to wear masks in all common and public areas.
- Though not mandatory, all NYCDA attendees are encouraged to wear a mask during workshop classes.
- 6 foot spacing will apply in all ballrooms , and will be marked accordingly.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all doors.
- All doors will remain open to reduce touch points, and one-way entrance/exits will be marked.
- NYCDA will maintain a maximum capacity of 50% at all venues.
- Observers passes, when available, will be limited to 1 representative per studio per 10 dancers, in addition to paid Registered Teachers.
- NYCDA will partner with all host venues to meet local safety regulations and will review each venue’s additional cleanliness and safety policies.
- All merchandise and registration transactions will be cashless.
Competition Specific Policies
- NO Deductions for safety modified costumes, including masks, gloves, etc.
- NO Deductions for no costuming
- NO Deductions for wearing a face mask while performing.
- Props that cannot be solely managed by the dancer may not be used. Props may not be stored backstage prior to or after their specific entry.
- One studio representative per entry will be allowed backstage.
- All studio representatives backstage will be required to wear a mask.
- No parents or additional spectators will be allowed backstage.
- One audience member per registered dancer may watch competition live at the venue. All registered teachers welcome. All competition and awards will be live-streamed.
- Audience at competitions will be standing room only.
- All audience members will be required to wear a mask.
- Studio entries will be scheduled to compete in blocks, based upon capacity of the venue.
- The stage and dressing rooms space will be cleaned between each block.
- Dancers are encouraged to come dressed to compete, to minimize use of the dressing room.
- There will be no virtual competition option during a 'live' workshop weekend.
- Virtual competition will only be available during entirely virtual events.
Awards Ceremony Specific Policies
- Dancers will not gather onstage for awards.
- We are working towards a ‘graduation style’ ceremony were one studio representative from each entry will come to the stage to receive their award, presented by a gloved & masked NYCDA staff member.
- We encourage our “award donation” option that is already in place and all award donations will be made to a COVID-19 relief organization.
The NYCDA team is working remotely for the foreseeable future. The best way to contact us is via email.