Winter Contemporary Intensive
December 27-31, 2019
NYCDA Winter Intensive (ages 16-21) hosted at The Juilliard School
Hosted at The Juilliard School, the NYC Dance Alliance Winter Dance Intensive joins with the former Artistic Director of Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet, Alexandra Damiani. The mission of the Winter Dance Intensive is to offer aspiring professional dancers the opportunity to experience the work of established and emerging international contemporary choreographers, within a classroom and rehearsal setting.
December 27-31, 2019
This program is presented through the NYC Dance Alliance Foundation. All proceeds will benefit NYCDAF. There will be no financial assistance or scholarships available for the Winter Dance Intensive.
Program Participants are responsible for their own housing and food while they are in NYC for this program.
Eligibility & Audition Requirements:
The NYCDA Summer Dance Intensive will accept a limited enrollment of aspiring professional dancers ages 16- 21. Admittance is granted by video audition only. Entire Application process and video placement is required of ALL dancers. The program will have a maximum of 50 dancers.
All prospective NYCDA Winter Dance Intensive students must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Photo or headshot
- One letter of recommendation from dance instructors or qualified dance professionals
- Video (required of ALL dancers in attendance for audition/placement – see guidelines below). Iphone videos in the studio are acceptable.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00 paid by credit card.
- A 1”x1” photo for identification card.
All applications must be submitted via online link by November 15, 2019. Dancers who have complete applications/videos prior to this date may hear sooner regarding acceptance. All dancers with complete applications will be notified by November 25, 2019. Accepted dancers must confirm their spot, with full payment, by December 2. A wait list will be utilized.
Video Audition Guidelines:
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro of dancer that includes name and age.
- Ballet - (required) Present a short adagio and a grande allegro combination demonstrating control, line, extension, jumps and turns.
- Contemporary - (required) Present a short 1 minute solo.
Maximum video length is 5 minutes.
Dancers will be divided into groups for morning ballet and contemporary classes. Afternoons/Evenings will be work sessions/rehearsals, where dancers will learn works by represented choreographers.
Informal Showcase Performance on December 31 – details in acceptance packet.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org