Summer Junior Intensive
July 29 - August 4, 2019
Hosted at Pace University, with an immersion day at Steps on Broadway, the NYC Dance Alliance Junior Dance Intensive is our first summer training intensive for the younger dancer. The mission of the Junior Dance Intensive is to offer a one week intimate training opportunity that introduces our young dancers to the format of our successful two week Summer Dance Intensive format for older dancers, taking advantage of the dynamic diversity of NYC dance.
July 29 - August 4, 2019
This program is presented by NYC Dance Alliance.
There will be no financial assistance or scholarships available for the Junior Dance Intensive. All dancers ages 10-13 are welcome to apply/audition. Attendance will be limited to 50 dancers total and dancers will automatic acceptance/invitations will be given preference.
Program Participants are responsible for their own chaperones (or parents), housing and food while they are in NYC for this program. Lunch will be provided for the dancers each day of the program.
Eligibility & Audition Requirements:
The NYCDA Junior Dance Intensive will accept a limited enrollment of young dancers ages 10- 13. Admittance is granted by video audition or invitation with an NYCDA convention award.
Entire Application process and video placement is required of ALL dancers.
The program will have a maximum of 50 dancers.
All prospective NYCDA Technique Intensive students must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Photo or headshot
- One letter of recommendation from dance instructors or qualified dance professionals
- Video (required of ALL dancers in attendance for audition/placement – see guidelines below). Iphone videos in the studio are acceptable.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00 paid by credit card.
- A 1”x1” photo for identification card.
All applications must be submitted via online link by June 3, 2019. Dancers who have complete applications/videos prior to this date may hear sooner regarding acceptance. All dancers with complete applications will be notified by June 6, 2019. Accepted dancers must confirm their spot, with $500 deposit, by June 14. A wait list will be utilized.
Video Audition Guidelines:
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro of dancer that includes name and age.
- Ballet - (required) Present a short adagio and a grande allegro combination demonstrating control, line, extension, jumps and turns.
- Jazz/Lyrical or Contemporary - (required) Present a short combination.
- Tap/Hip-Hop - you may choose to present a supplementary combination, but it is not mandatory.
Maximum video length is 5 minutes.
Dancers will be divided into groups for all morning classes. Afternoons/Evenings will be classes and work sessions/rehearsals, where dancers will continue working in classroom and rehearsals.
Showcase Performance with NYCDA Summer Intensive at Pace University's Schimmel Theatre. Sunday August 4 at 3 pm. Further performance details in acceptance packet.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org