Winter Junior Intensive
December 27-30, 2019
Hosted at Steps on Broadway, the NYC Dance Alliance Junior Dance Intensive is our first training intensive for the younger dancer. The mission of the Junior Dance Intensive is to offer a four day intimate training opportunity that introduces our young dancers to the format of our successful Summer Dance Intensive format for older dancers, taking advantage of the dynamic diversity of NYC dance.
December 27-30, 2019
This program is presented through NYC Dance Alliance, in partnership with Steps on Broadway. There will be no financial assistance or scholarships available for the Junior Dance Intensive.
Program Participants are responsible for their own chaperones (or parents), housing and food while they are in NYC for this program.
Eligibility & Audition Requirements:
The NYCDA Technique Intensive will accept a limited enrollment of young dancers ages 10- 13. Admittance is granted by video audition only. Entire Application process and video placement is required of ALL dancers. The program will have a maximum of 35
All prospective NYCDA Technique Intensive students must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Photo or headshot
- One letter of recommendation from dance instructors or qualified dance professionals
- Video (required of ALL dancers in attendance for audition/placement – see guidelines below). Iphone videos in the studio are acceptable.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00 paid by credit card.
- A 1”x1” photo for identification card.
All applications must be submitted via online link by November 15, 2019. Dancers who have complete applications/videos prior to this date may hear sooner regarding acceptance. All dancers with complete applications will be notified by November 25, 2019. Accepted dancers must confirm their spot, with full payment, by December 2. A wait list will be utilized.
Video Audition Guidelines:
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro of dancer that includes name and age.
- Ballet - (required) Present a short adagio and a grande allegro combination demonstrating control, line, extension, jumps and turns.
- Jazz/Lyrical or Contemporary - (required) Present a short combination.
- Tap/Hip-Hop - you may choose to present a supplementary combination, but it is not mandatory.
Maximum video length is 5 minutes.
Dancers will be divided into groups for all morning classes. Afternoons/Evenings will be classes and work sessions/rehearsals, where dancers will continue working in classroom and rehearsals.
Informal Showcase Performance on December 30 – details in acceptance packet.
Questions? Email email@example.com