Teen Technique Intensive
During these challenging and uncertain times, and in an effort to allow for proper planning and guaranteed safety, the current strategy is to host the annual NYCDA Winter Intensives virtually - on Zoom. If circumstances change, these programs may move to a ‘hybrid’ approach – with some dancers physically in a professional dance studio in NYC. Please make your plans to join us. Either way, we promise the quality and care you have come to expect from NYCDA. Scroll down – all information is below.
Apply HERE for the Teen Technique Intensive →
(Dancers age 13-16)
The NYC Dance Alliance Teen Technique Intensive is under the Artistic Direction of Suzi Taylor. The mission of the Technique Intensive is to offer a four day intimate training opportunity with NYCDA faculty and professional guests. The program is focused on reinforcing and building on each dancer’s existing technique, while exploring new dance vocabulary - all within a classroom and rehearsal setting.
December 27-30, 2020
*Current plans do not include in-person dancers. Everyone will be notified if circumstances change and in-person classes are a possibility – with limited capacity.
This program is presented through NYC Dance Alliance, in partnership with Steps on Broadway. There will be no financial assistance or scholarships available for this Technique Intensive.
ROOM & BOARD
The current plan is to host this program virtually. Should a ‘hybrid’ approach be possible, program participants may travel to NYC and are responsible for their own chaperone, housing and food. A hybrid approach will offer limited in-person capacity.
ELIGIBILITY & AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
The NYCDA Technique Intensive will accept a limited enrollment of young dancers ages 13- 16. Admittance is granted by video audition only. Entire Application process and video placement is required of ALL dancers.
All prospective NYCDA Technique Intensive students must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Photo or headshot
- One letter of recommendation from dance instructors or qualified dance professionals. Dancers that have received an invitation of automatic acceptance to this program may upload their award certificate in lieu of the recommendation letter.
- Video (required of ALL dancers in attendance for audition/placement – see guidelines below). Simple in-studio cell phone video is acceptable.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00 paid by credit card.
All applications must be submitted via online link by November 18, 2020.
Dancers who have complete applications/videos prior to November 18 may receive early notification regarding acceptance. We encourage early applications – first come, first served – subject to availability.
All dancers with complete applications will be notified of acceptance by November 25, 2020. A wait list will be utilized.
Accepted dancers must confirm their spot with a $150 non-refundable deposit – due upon acceptance.
Full payment is due by December 4, 2020.
VIDEO AUDITION/PLACEMENT GUIDLEINES
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro of dancer that includes name and age.
- Ballet (required) - Present a short adagio and a grande allegro combination demonstrating control, line, extension, jumps and turns.
- Jazz/Lyrical or Contemporary (required) - Present a short 1 minute solo.
Maximum video length is 5 minutes.
Dancers will be divided into groups for all morning technique classes. Afternoons and evenings will consist of work sessions in diverse styles, as well as choreographic rehearsals. Industry guests and professional forums will be included.
Informal Zoom Showcase on December 30.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org