Teen Technique Intensive
December 27-30, 2019
Hosted at Steps on Broadway, the NYC Dance Alliance Technique Intensive is under the Artistic Direction of Suzi Taylor. The mission of the Technique Intensive is to offer a four day intimate training opportunity that is focused on dancers reinforcing and building on their existing technique and vocabulary within a classroom and rehearsal setting.
December 27-30, 2019
This program is presented through NYC Dance Alliance, in partnership with Steps on Broadway. There will be no financial assistance or scholarships available for the Technique Intensive.
Program Participants are responsible for their own chaperone, housing and food while they are in NYC for this program.
Eligibility & Audition Requirements:
The NYCDA Technique Intensive will accept a limited enrollment of young dancers ages 13- 16. Admittance is granted by video audition only. Entire Application process and video placement is required of ALL dancers. The program will have a maximum of 50 dancers.
All prospective NYCDA Technique Intensive students must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Photo or headshot
- One letter of recommendation from dance instructors or qualified dance professionals
- Video (required of ALL dancers in attendance for audition/placement – see guidelines below). Iphone videos in the studio are acceptable.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $40.00 paid by credit card.
- A 1”x1” photo for identification card.
All applications must be submitted via online link by November 18, 2019. Dancers who have complete applications/videos prior to this date may hear sooner regarding acceptance. All dancers with complete applications will be notified by November 22, 2019. Accepted dancers must confirm their spot, with full payment, by December 2. A wait list will be utilized.
Video Audition Guidelines:
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro of dancer that includes name and age.
- Ballet - (required) Present a short adagio and a grande allegro combination demonstrating control, line, extension, jumps and turns.
- Jazz/Lyrical or Contemporary - (required) Present a short combination.
Maximum video length is 5 minutes.
Dancers will be divided into groups for all morning classes. Afternoons/Evenings will be classes and work sessions/rehearsals, where dancers will continue working in classroom and rehearsals.
Informal Showcase Performance on December 30 – details in acceptance packet.
Questions? Email email@example.com