COVID-19 PROTOCOL for 2021-2022 Season
NYCDA will continue to monitor the ever changing local, state and national protocols and follow CDC guidance as it pertains to Covid-19 Health We feel a strong responsibility to care for all of our dance family and community, including those under age 12 that are not eligible for vaccinations. These are our current Covid policies- subject to change as guidelines continue to change across the country.
- NYCDA will continue their partnership with SURFACETECK, a 30 year industry leader in pathogen sanitization. All common areas will be disinfected at the start of each weekend using the CDC/EPA/FDA approved antimicrobial agent, PROTEKT. PROTEKT uses scientific formulas to create a protective barrier when applied to surfaces, which greatly limits the transfer of germs and risk of exposure.
- NYCDA will continue their partnership with Genus3 Labs and the Lab Alliance, and ongoing COVID-testing protocol for all NYCDA traveling team members.
- NYCDA will partner with all host venues to meet local safety regulations and will review each venue’s additional cleanliness and safety policies.
- If any NYCDA event must be wholly cancelled due to Covid-19, NYCDA will issue full refunds to all registered studios (within 2 weeks).
- All merchandise and registration transactions will be cashless. There will be a no try-on & no exchange policy for all merchandise.
Workshop Specific Policies
- All dancers will be required to wear CDC recommended masks found HERE, during workshop classes. Face shields are not approved as a substitute for masks. No vaccine exemptions from mask requirements.
- Observers passes, (when available), may be limited due to venue capacity limits or local requirements. NYCDA reserves the right to not offer observer passes if necessary. Any observers will be required to wear face masks while inside Workshop Ballrooms.
Competition Specific Policies
- Masks are not required to be worn onstage during competition performance. In some cities, masks may be required onstage by the local venue or health department. If so, NYCDA will update all registered studios as soon as we are informed.
- Our goal for competition scheduling this season is to NOT use block scheduling. However, with everchanging Covid regulations we could be required to use block schedules per the venue or municipality rules.
- NO Deductions for wearing a face mask while performing.
- Dancers are encouraged to come dressed to compete, to minimize use of the dressing room.
Awards Ceremony Specific Policies
- Dancers will not gather onstage for awards. Dancers, Teachers & Families are welcome to be in the audience. Awards will be announced from the stage and a studio representative should head backstage to pick up their award when called.
- All Awards will be live streamed.
- We encourage our “award donation” option that is already in place and all award donations may be made to a COVID-19 relief organization.
All protocols are subject to change based on municipality or government mandates.
Still have questions? Email us email@example.com.
Updated as of September 28, 2021. Please check back regularly for updates.