Summer Dance Intensive
*The below information is from previous summer programs -details for 2021 Summer Dance Intensives will be updated on this page as they are confirmed! Save the Date! We can't wait to dance with you this summer!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Daily Schedule Sample
|9:00 - 10:30||Ballet/Pilates|
|10:30 - 12:00||Jazz/Contemporary|
|12:00 - 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 - 2:30||Seminars/Class|
|2:30 - 4:00||Specialty Class|
|4:00 - 6:00||Rehearsal or Specialty Class|
|6:00 - 7:00||Rehearsal or Activity|
|7:00 - 9:00||Dinner|
- The NYCDA Summer Dance Intensive will be limited to 100 dancers.
- All dancers will be notified by May 18, 2020.
- A 25% tuition deposit will be due by May 25, 2020. Second payment will be due by June 10, 2020. Full tuition will be due by June 26, 2020.
- No refunds will be made after June 26, 2020. Refunds prior to June 26 will be subject to a 10% administrative fee. In the case of injury, illness past this date, credit will be extended for either the 2020 Winter or 2021 Summer intensives
*A very limited number of scholarships will be made available based upon financial need. Those applying for scholarships should include a letter indicating need and copies of the last two years parental tax returns. All Convention Triple Threat Winners with submitted applications will be considered for 1 of 8 $500 scholarships – based solely on merit as demonstrated by their application materials.
Tuition Alone (includes Lunch Daily): $3150*
* Includes admission to a Broadway show and potentially other performances.
The NYCDA Summer Dance Intensive will accept a limited enrollment of aspiring professional dancers ages 14-19. Dancers who are 13 years old and have been granted automatic acceptance via an Outstanding Dancer scholarship or Triple Threat award will also be accepted.
All prospective NYCDA Summer Dance Intensive students must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Photo or headshot with a resumé, if available
- ONE letter of recommendation from a dance instructor or qualified dance professional.
- Video (required of ALL dancers in attendance for audition/placement – see guidelines below).
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Non-refundable Application Fee of $35.00 paid by credit card.
- *A 1”x1” photo for identification card.
All applications must be submitted by May 1, 2020. Regional Outstanding Dancers, runners-up, NYCDA Convention Triple Threat winners and Onstage NY Title and Triple Threat winners with automatic acceptance/invitation will be given preference, but all dancers are welcome to audition for this program. Entire Application process and video placement still required of ALL accepted dancers.
All dancers with complete applications will be notified by May 18, 2020.
*Applicants who would like to apply for need-based financial aid may submit a letter of circumstance, with two years of parental tax returns with all social security information erased. Please submit to email@example.com with the applicant's name in the subject field.
VIDEO AUDITION GUIDELINES
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro of dancer stating name, age, and all material presented on the video.
- Ballet - (required) Present both a short adagio and grande allegro combination demonstrating control, line, extension, jumps and turns.
- Jazz - (required) Present short jazz and/or lyrical combination.
- Solo performance piece is not required but may be submitted. Up to three different solos may be presented to demonstrate a variety of styles - 3 minutes max each.
- Tap - not required but suggested if you tap.
- Singing - not required but suggested. All dancers will participate in some level of Vocal Training classes within the program. Include live vocal presentation of a Broadway uptempo and ballad.
Maximum video length is 15 minutes.
CURRICULUM and SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Experience it ALL: jazz, ballet, tap, contemporary, modern, hip hop, voice, stretching techniques, auditioning, ballroom, theatre arts, choreography, improv, yoga, musical theater, partnering and more
- Attend Special Industry Seminars unique to NYCDA. Meet a variety of industry professionals including Broadway choreographers, casting directors, dance company members, nutritionists, physical therapists and more. Topics range from ‘writing a resume’ to ‘getting the job.’ Be informed! Audition workshops have included "Cats", "On Your Feet", “Come Fly Away,” “In The Heights,” “Legally Blonde,” “42nd Street” and "Hamilton.” Special workshops have also included such notable companies as Hubbard Street, Twyla Tharp and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- We’re in NYC – let’s go see a Broadway show! Plus – dancers will have a private Question & Answer session with the CAST after the show! Get all your questions answered from the professionals who’ve made it to Broadway! They were once teenagers with big dreams too!
- Don’t forget about the city! Come have a blast sight-seeing, shopping, dining and more....in the city that has it all!
- Showcase Performance on August 9th. Impress your family and friends with your amazing accomplishments in just two weeks! Everyone is welcome to this free Sunday afternoon performance.
Apply Now for the Summer Intensive → (Coming soon)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org