2021-2022 Regional Workshop Guidelines & Fees
|Discount Early Bird Rate||Regular Rate||One-Day Rate|
|Ready, Set Dance! (5-7)||$125.00||$125.00||n/a|
|Observer||$50.00||$65.00 (purchased onsite)||n/a|
- Registration opens September 7, 2021.
- Registration deadlines are defined city by city on the NYCDA website. A 3-day grace period will be allowed to receive the Early-Bird Registration discounted rates (unless the event sells out prior to registration deadline.) After the 3 day grace period, the full tuition rates will be applied. REGISTER EARLY!
- At the 3-day grace period, all registrations will be ‘locked’. You will no longer have online access to make changes. Your registration should be complete – especially competition entries. Incomplete entries will not be included in the event. Changes will only be accepted by emailing the registration team. Changes/additions are subject to availability.
- No registration is guaranteed without payment. To secure your spot, we request a 50% deposit at time of registration.
- FULL payments are required 2 weeks prior to the event. Unpaid registrations will not be included in the event and ‘the spot’ will be relinquished to a studio on the waiting list.
- Completed liability waivers are required for each dancer/participant. Be sure to get the necessary parent/guardian signatures. CLICK HERE for Waiver Link →
- Last minute In-Person Workshop Registrations/ Competition Entries will be accommodated based upon availability.
- When calculating discounts or free hotel room, dancers attending on a scholarship, one day dancers, and observers and Ready Set Dancers should not be included in totals.
- NEW! Dancers attending more than one regional workshop AUTOMATICALLY receive 25% off their workshop in their 2nd city, and 50% off for each subsequent workshop registration. This is deducted automatically when registering online.
- Regional Scholarships may be redeemed as a “payment adjustment” on the Payment Screen when registering online. Please note dancer/scholarship being redeemed. Regional Scholarships do not have a "cash value" and may only be used in one city.
- If paying by check, payment must be made in advance by studio business check. NO personal or International checks will be accepted - bank money orders in U.S. funds only. Onsite payments are authorized at the discretion of NYCDA office and must be by Credit Card or Certified Check only.
- Workshop Age is considered as of Jan 1, 2022 for the entire 2021-2022 season, for Regionals and Nationals. Dancers must be at least 7 years old to participate in the 2 day workshop. Dancers ages 5-7 are welcome to participate in Ready, Set Dance!
- Cashier's Checks and Credit Cards will be the ONLY forms of payment accepted on-site.
- Refund policy: If any NYCDA event must be wholly cancelled due to Covid-19, NYCDA will issue full refunds to all registered studios (within 2 weeks). All other refund requests (studio or individual) must come via the registered studio and will be addressed on a case by case basis with the studio representative only.
- COLLEGE RATE: $175.00. NYCDA and NYCDA Foundation are proud to support dancers in college! We welcome you to join us for a weekend of great classes, and are happy to offer a "student rate" to all students with a valid college ID. We kindly require a $175 fee for all college dancers (grants access to Senior Ballroom), which will be directly donated to the NYCDA Foundation.
- ONE DAY WORKSHOP OPTION: One day workshop registrations are available for Saturday only to non-competing dancers at $175. All competing dancers must be registered for the full workshop. One day option available either day for Teachers.
- Observer passes are available to purchase in advance at a discounted rate of $50 - must be ordered and paid by studio with studio registration. Individuals may purchase observer passes from NYCDA directly, onsite only. Regular rate of $65 applies for onsite passes.
- A Year Long Observer Pass may be purchased onsite ONLY (where available) for $120 – unlimited use during the Regional season. Year long observer passes are non-refundable. Year-long passes are not applicable in cities where regular observer passes are not offered due to capacity limits.
- Each observer pass purchased is a tax-deductible contribution to the NYCDA Foundation.
- Observers are allowed with participating dancers and must not be teachers, dancers, or studio owners. Observer Passes do not grant access to the Teacher Room or any Scholarship Auditions.
- Observer Passes may not be offered in every city- NYCDA reserves the right to not offer or to refund observers for any city, or to limit the # of Workshop observers per ballroom- based on dancer attendance and venue capacity limits. Observer passes may also sell out.
Bring 5-15 students:
1 Teacher No Charge
Bring 16-29 students:
2 Teachers No Charge
Bring 30-49 students:
3 Teachers No Charge
Bring 50-89 students:
4 Teachers No Charge
Bring 90+ students:
4 Teachers No Charge
- Teachers with 50+ students will also receive ONE complimentary hotel room for two nights at the host hotel- NYCDA Office will contact all eligible studios after registration is finalized.
- Teachers attending more than one 2020-2021 Regional Workshop may attend all additional cities FREE of charge- deducted automatically when registering online.
- Registered Teachers are permitted access to all ballrooms, with Teacher Lanyard. Teachers-only classes are offered both Saturday and Sunday.
- Registered Teacher Lanyard permits video the final 15 minutes of all Workshop classes. No video at any other times.
STUDIO SHOWCASE DANCERS
- Each dance studio can designate four dancers (1 from each age division) to participate in the convention finale on Sunday, onstage with the NYCDA faculty – and all the other studio showcase dancers.
- No special auditions, no special material – no competition! Dancers simply learn the combos in all the classes and BE READY TO DANCE!!
- Use your own criteria to select dancers– perfect attendance? Maybe let your dancers vote?!
- (Studio Showcase Dancers will be accepted from all studios with a registered teacher).
READY SET DANCE
- For Dancers ages 5-7, a fun intro in the convention world, with classes in Jazz, Tap and Ballet.
- Saturdays from 8:45 AM to 11:45 AM- concludes with a performance, diploma and souvenir!
- Ready Set Dancers may compete as long as the average age of the entry remains 7+.
- Dancers are expected to always maintain professional classroom etiquette.
- Dancers must wear cover-ups outside the ballroom area.
- Please respect the property of our convention and hotel sites. Excess noise or loitering in areas not NYCDA inhabited can be cause for removal. Help us maintain a pleasant relationship with our sites so that they will look forward to our return visits.
- Chaperones are required for students age 15 or under staying in the hotel.
- NYCDA and the convention and housing facilities are not responsible for personal injury or property loss.
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTIRE EVENT. Registered Teachers (with ID lanyard) may video during the last 15 minutes of Workshop classes.