2022-2023 Regional Workshop Guidelines & Fees
|Discount Early Bird Rate||Regular Rate||One-Day Rate|
|Ready, Set Dance! (5-7)||$125.00||$125.00||n/a|
|Observer||$60.00||$65.00 (purchased onsite)||n/a|
- More 2022-23 Updates to come. All info below is subject to change.
- Registration is COMING SOON!
- Registration deadlines are defined city by city on the NYCDA website. A 3-day grace period will be allowed to receive the Early-Bird Registration discounted rates (unless the event sells out prior to registration deadline.) After the 3 day grace period, the full tuition rates will be applied. REGISTER EARLY!
- At the 3-day grace period, all registrations will be ‘locked’. You will no longer have online access to make changes. Your registration should be complete – especially competition entries. Incomplete entries will not be included in the event. Changes will only be accepted by emailing the registration team. Changes/additions are subject to availability.
- No registration is guaranteed without payment. To secure your spot, we request a 50% deposit at time of registration.
- FULL payments are required 2 weeks prior to the event. Unpaid registrations will not be included in the event and ‘the spot’ will be relinquished to a studio on the waiting list.
- Completed liability waivers are required for each dancer/participant. Be sure to get the necessary parent/guardian signatures. CLICK HERE for Waiver Link →
- Last minute In-Person Workshop Registrations/ Competition Entries will be accommodated based upon availability.
- When calculating discounts or free hotel room, dancers attending on a scholarship, one day dancers, and observers and Ready Set Dancers should not be included in totals.
- NEW! Dancers attending more than one regional workshop AUTOMATICALLY receive 25% off their workshop in their 2nd city, and 50% off for each subsequent workshop registration. This is deducted automatically when registering online.
- Regional Scholarships may be redeemed as a “payment adjustment” on the Payment Screen when registering online. Please note dancer/scholarship being redeemed. Regional Scholarships do not have a "cash value" and may only be used in one city.
- If paying by check, payment must be made in advance by studio business check. NO personal or International checks will be accepted - bank money orders in U.S. funds only. Onsite payments are authorized at the discretion of NYCDA office and must be by Credit Card or Certified Check only.
- Workshop Age is considered as of Jan 1, 2023 for the entire 2022-2023 season, for Regionals and Nationals. Dancers must be at least 7 years old to participate in the 2 day workshop. Dancers ages 5-7 are welcome to participate in Ready, Set Dance!
- Cashier's Checks and Credit Cards will be the ONLY forms of payment accepted on-site.
- Refund policy: If any NYCDA event must be wholly cancelled due to Covid-19, NYCDA will issue full refunds to all registered studios (within 2 weeks). All other refund requests (studio or individual) must come via the registered studio and will be addressed on a case by case basis with the studio representative only.
- COLLEGE RATE: $175.00. NYCDA and NYCDA Foundation are proud to support dancers in college! We welcome you to join us for a weekend of great classes, and are happy to offer a "student rate" to all students with a valid college ID. We kindly require a $175 fee for all college dancers (grants access to Senior Ballroom), which will be directly donated to the NYCDA Foundation.
- ONE DAY WORKSHOP OPTION: One day workshop registrations are available for Saturday only to non-competing dancers at $175. All competing dancers must be registered for the full workshop. One day option available either day for Teachers.
- Observer passes are available to purchase in advance at a discounted rate of $60 - must be ordered and paid by studio with studio registration. Individuals may purchase observer passes from NYCDA directly, onsite only. Regular rate of $65 applies for onsite passes.
- A Year Long Observer Pass may be purchased onsite ONLY (where available) for $150 – unlimited use during the Regional season. Year long observer passes are non-refundable. Year-long passes are not applicable in cities where regular observer passes are not offered due to capacity limits.
- Each observer pass purchased is a tax-deductible contribution to the NYCDA Foundation.
- Observers are allowed with participating dancers and must not be teachers, dancers, or studio owners. Observer Passes do not grant access to the Teacher Room or any Scholarship Auditions.
- Observer Passes may not be offered in every city- NYCDA reserves the right to not offer or to refund observers for any city, or to limit the # of Workshop observers per ballroom- based on dancer attendance and venue capacity limits. Observer passes may also sell out.
Bring 5-15 students:
1 Teacher No Charge
Bring 16-29 students:
2 Teachers No Charge
Bring 30-49 students:
3 Teachers No Charge
Bring 50-89 students:
4 Teachers No Charge
Bring 90+ students:
4 Teachers No Charge
- Teachers with 50+ students will also receive ONE complimentary hotel room for two nights at the host hotel- NYCDA Office will contact all eligible studios after registration is finalized.
- Teachers attending more than one 2022-2023 Regional Workshop may attend all additional cities FREE of charge- deducted automatically when registering online.
- Registered Teachers are permitted access to all ballrooms, with Teacher Lanyard. Teachers-only classes are offered both Saturday and Sunday.
- Registered Teacher Lanyard permits video the final 15 minutes of all Workshop classes. No video at any other times.
STUDIO SHOWCASE DANCERS
- Each dance studio may choose four dancers (1 from each age division), designated as your Studio Showcase Dancers. At the discretion of each faculty member, all Studio Showcase Dancers may be called upon to demonstrate workshop choreography, as a special group that represents all studios in attendance.
- No special auditions, no special material – no competition! Dancers simply learn the combos in all the classes and BE READY TO DANCE!!
- Use your own criteria to select dancers– perfect attendance? Maybe let your dancers vote?!
- Studio Showcase Dancers will be accepted from all studios with a registered teacher.
READY SET DANCE
- For Dancers ages 5-7, a fun intro in the convention world, with classes in Jazz, Tap and Ballet.
- Saturdays from 8:45 AM to 11:45 AM- concludes with a performance, diploma and souvenir!
- Ready Set Dancers may compete as long as the average age of the entry remains 7+.
- Dancers are expected to always maintain professional classroom etiquette.
- Dancers must wear cover-ups outside the ballroom area.
- Please respect the property of our convention and hotel sites. Excess noise or loitering in areas not NYCDA inhabited can be cause for removal. Help us maintain a pleasant relationship with our sites so that they will look forward to our return visits.
- Chaperones are required for students age 15 or under staying in the hotel.
- NYCDA and the convention and housing facilities are not responsible for personal injury or property loss.
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTIRE EVENT. Registered Teachers (with ID lanyard) may video during the last 15 minutes of Workshop classes.