NYCDA is here for YOU this season!
NEW OPTIONS, Registration details and Fees for the 2020-21 Season!
CLICK HERE →
Complete COVID-19 protocol and policies for our 25 City Tour CLICK HERE →
25 Cities = 25 Guaranteed Experiences
2020-2021 Regional Workshop Guidelines
We all remain hopeful as we continue to plan for this new season of dance – knowing we are facing ongoing uncertainty. As we address reduced capacities in all of our venues, please note these important adjustments to our policies, in an effort to fairly accommodate all studios hoping to attend our events In-Person. These policies will be strictly enforced – in an effort to better plan and provide you with timely and accurate schedules for each event.
- Registration opens September 1, 2020.
- Registration deadlines are defined city by city on the NYCDA website. A 3-day grace period will be allowed to receive the Early-Bird Registration discounted rates. After the 3 day grace period, the full tuition rates will be applied. REGISTER EARLY!
- At the 3-day grace period, all registrations will be ‘locked’. You will no longer have online access to make changes. Your registration should be complete – especially competition entries. Incomplete entries will not be included in the event. (Please note: it is important that accurate ‘choreographer’ info is included for each competition entry. We need this info to complete our weekend judging schedule, as no NYCDA faculty/staff will ever judge their own choreography. Please let us know.) Changes will only be accepted by emailing the registration team. Changes/additions are subject to availability.
- No registration is guaranteed without payment. To secure your spot, we request a deposit equivalent to the Virtual Tuition rates ASAP.
- FULL payments are required 2 weeks prior to the event. Unpaid registrations will not be included in the event and ‘the spot’ will be relinquished to a studio on the waiting list.
- Completed liability and COVID-19 waivers are required for each dancer/participant. Be sure to get the necessary parent/guardian signatures.
- Last minute In-Person Workshop Registrations/ Competition Entries will be accommodated based upon availability. Last minute Virtual participation is welcome.
- When calculating discounts or free hotel room, dancers attending on a scholarship, one day dancers, and observers and Ready Set Dancers should not be included in totals.
- Dancers attending more than one regional workshop AUTOMATICALLY receive a 50% OFF in each additional city when they register for the same type of experience in multiple cities (in-person or virtual). This is deducted automatically when registering online.
- Regional Scholarships may be redeemed as a “payment adjustment” on the Payment Screen when registering online. Please note dancer/scholarship being redeemed. Regional Scholarships do not have a "cash value" and may only be used in one city.
- Any un-used scholarships awarded in the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 season will be EXTENDED to be able to be used through the 2020-20201 season.
- If paying by check, payment must be made in advance by studio business check. NO personal or International checks will be accepted - bank money orders in U.S. funds only. Onsite payments are authorized at the discretion of NYCDA office and must be by Credit Card or Certified Check only.
- Workshop Age is considered as of Jan 1, 2021 for the entire 2020-2021 season, for Regionals and Nationals. Dancers must be at least 7 years old to participate in the 2 day workshop. Dancers ages 5-7 are welcome to participate in Ready, Set Dance!
- Cashier's Checks and Credit Cards will be the ONLY forms of payment accepted on-site.
- Refund policy can be found HERE.
- COLLEGE RATE: $175.00. NYCDA and NYCDA Foundation are proud to support dancers in college! We welcome you to join us for a weekend of great classes, and are happy to offer a "student rate" to all students with a valid college ID. We kindly require a $175 fee for all college dancers (grants access to Senior Ballroom), which will be directly donated to the NYCDA Foundation.
- ONE DAY WORKSHOP OPTION: One day workshop registrations are available for Saturday only to non-competing dancers. All competing dancers must be registered for the full workshop. One day option available either day for Teachers.
- A Year Long Observer Pass may be purchased onsite ONLY (where available) for $120 – unlimited use during the Regional season. Each observer pass purchased is a tax-deductible contribution to the NYCDA Foundation.
- Observers are allowed with participating dancers and must not be teachers, dancers, or studio owners. Observer Passes do not grant access to the Teacher Room or any Scholarship Auditions.
- Observer Passes have been known to sell out. NYCDA reserves the right to limit Workshop Observers within each ballroom, subject to attendance and space limitations.
Bring 5-15 students:
1 Teacher No Charge
Bring 16-29 students:
2 Teachers No Charge
Bring 30-49 students:
3 Teachers No Charge
Bring 50-89 students:
4 Teachers No Charge
Bring 90+ students:
4 Teachers No Charge
- Teachers with 50+ students will also receive ONE complimentary hotel room for two nights at the host hotel- NYCDA Office will contact all eligible studios after registration is finalized.
- Teachers attending more than one 2020-2021 Regional Workshop may attend all additional cities FREE of charge- deducted automatically when registering online.
- Registered Teachers are permitted access to all ballrooms, with Teacher Lanyard. Teachers-only classes are offered both Saturday and Sunday.
- Registered Teacher Lanyard permits video the final 15 minutes of all Workshop classes. No video at any other times.
STUDIO SHOWCASE DANCERS
- Each dance studio can designate four dancers (1 from each age division) to participate in the convention finale on Sunday, onstage with the NYCDA faculty – and all the other studio showcase dancers.
- No special auditions, no special material – no competition! Dancers simply learn the combos in all the classes and BE READY TO DANCE!!
- Use your own criteria to select dancers– perfect attendance? Maybe let your dancers vote?!
- (Studio Showcase Dancers will be accepted from all studios with a registered teacher).
READY SET DANCE
- For Dancers ages 5-7, a fun intro in the convention world, with classes in Jazz, Tap and Ballet.
- Saturdays from 8:45 AM to 11:45 AM- concludes with a performance, diploma and souvenir!
- Ready Set Dancers may compete as long as the average age of the entry remains 7+.
- Dancers are expected to always maintain professional classroom etiquette.
- Dancers must wear cover-ups outside the ballroom area.
- Please respect the property of our convention and hotel sites. Excess noise or loitering in areas not NYCDA inhabited can be cause for removal. Help us maintain a pleasant relationship with our sites so that they will look forward to our return visits.
- Chaperones are required for students age 15 or under staying in the hotel.
- NYCDA and the convention and housing facilities are not responsible for personal injury or property loss.
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTIRE EVENT. Registered Teachers (with ID lanyard) may video during the last 15 minutes of Workshop classes.