2019-2020 Regional Workshop Fees
Full Rate-after deadline
Ready, Set, Dance! (5-7)
(Each dance studio may apply their own additional fees, when necessary)
- COLLEGE RATE: $175.00. NYCDA and NYCDA Foundation are proud to support dancers in college! We welcome you to join us for a weekend of great classes, and are happy to offer a "student rate" to all students with a valid college ID. We kindly require a $175 fee for all college dancers (grants access to Senior Ballroom), which will be directly donated to the NYCDA Foundation.
- ONE DAY WORKSHOP OPTION: One day workshop registrations are available for Saturday only to non-competing dancers. All competing dancers must be registered for the full workshop. One day option available either day for Teachers.
One Day Teachers
One Day Students (non-competing)
- Discounted Rates apply to all registrations received and PAID IN FULL online by the registration deadline- usually 30 days prior to workshop Saturday date (Registration Deadline may vary by city- see specific city page for deadline date).
- When calculating discounts or free hotel room, dancers attending on a scholarship, one day dancers, and observers and Ready Set Dancers should not be included in totals.
- Dancers attending more than one 2019-2020 Regional Workshop will receive a 50% Workshop Tuition discount in each additional city- deducted automatically when registering online.
- Regional Scholarships may be redeemed as a “payment adjustment” on the Payment Screen when registering online. Please note dancer/scholarship being redeemed.
- If paying by check, payment must be made in advance by studio business check. NO personal or International checks will be accepted - bank money orders in U.S. funds only. Onsite payments are authorized at the discretion of NYCDA office and must be by Credit Card or Certified Check only.
- Workshop Age is considered as of Jan 1, 2019 for the entire 2019-2020 season, for Regionals and Nationals. Dancers must be at least 7 years old to participate in the 2 day workshop. Dancers ages 5-7 are welcome to participate in Ready, Set Dance!
- Workshop Registrations have been known to SELL OUT. Pre-registration is always suggested. If you plan to register as a walk-in, we suggest calling the NYCDA office to double check last minute availability. Non-discounted rates will apply. Cash, Cashier's Checks and Credit Cards will be the ONLY forms of payment accepted on-site.
- All tuitions are non-refundable - no exceptions.
- A Year Long Observer Pass may be purchased onsite ONLY (where available) for $120 – unlimited use during the Regional season. Each observer pass purchased is a tax-deductible contribution to the NYCDA Foundation.
- Observers are allowed with participating dancers and must not be teachers, dancers, or studio owners. Observer Passes do not grant access to the Teacher Room or any Scholarship Auditions.
- Observer Passes have been known to sell out. NYCDA reserves the right to limit Workshop Observers within each ballroom, subject to attendance and space limitations.
Bring 5-15 students:
1 Teacher No Charge
Bring 16-29 students:
2 Teachers No Charge
Bring 30-49 students:
3 Teachers No Charge + 2 Extra Comp Entries*
Bring 50-89 students:
4 Teachers No Charge + 4 Extra Comp Entries*
Bring 90+ students:
4 Teachers No Charge + 6 Extra Comp Entries*
*No extra solos or duo/trios permitted. Competition Limits may vary by city- see specific city page for details. No Charge’ does not have a cash value.
- Teachers with 50+ students will also receive ONE complimentary hotel room for two nights at the host hotel- NYCDA Office will contact all eligible studios after registration is finalized.
- Teachers attending more than one 2019-2020 Regional Workshop may attend all additional cities FREE of charge- deducted automatically when registering online.
- Registered Teachers are permitted access to all ballrooms, with Teacher Lanyard. Teachers classes begin on Saturday at 11:30 AM - all day Sunday.
- Registered Teacher Lanyard permits video the final 15 minutes of all Workshop classes. No video at any other times.
STUDIO SHOWCASE DANCERS
- Each dance studio can designate four dancers (1 from each age division) to participate in the convention finale on Sunday, onstage with the NYCDA faculty – and all the other studio showcase dancers.
- No special auditions, no special material – no competition! Dancers simply learn the combos in all the classes and BE READY TO DANCE!!
- Use your own criteria to select dancers– perfect attendance? Maybe let your dancers vote?!
- (Studio Showcase Dancers will be accepted from all studios with a registered teacher).
READY SET DANCE
- For Dancers ages 5-7, a fun intro in the convention world, with classes in Jazz, Tap and Ballet.
- Saturdays from 8:45 AM to 11:45 AM- concludes with a performance, diploma and souvenir!
- Ready Set Dancers may compete as long as the average age of the entry remains 7+.
- Dancers are expected to always maintain professional classroom etiquette.
- Dancers must wear cover-ups outside the ballroom area.
- Please respect the property of our convention and hotel sites. Excess noise or loitering in areas not NYCDA inhabited can be cause for removal. Help us maintain a pleasant relationship with our sites so that they will look forward to our return visits.
- Chaperones are required for students age 15 or under staying in the hotel.
- NYCDA and the convention and housing facilities are not responsible for personal injury or property loss.
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTIRE EVENT. Registered Teachers (with ID lanyard) may video during the last 15 minutes of Workshop classes.